Trystar is a leader in portable and permanent power distribution solutions. The Field Installer is an experienced Master Electrician who has proficient ability to assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring; as well as equipment, appliances, apparatuses, and fixtures, using hand, power, and precision measuring tools. The Field Installer will travel within the continental United States and install electrical distribution equipment to various buildings and structures and is responsible for the connection of wires to circuit breakers, transformers, and other electrical components. The Field Installer is accountable for excellent knowledge on and upholding UL Standards, including state and local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code.
As Trystar’s Field Installer you will:
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing, and enhancing electrical systems to meet regulatory codes at the county, state, and federal levels individually or as part of a team of skilled workers
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as running conduit, digging trenches, and lifting heavy objects
- Perform duties in work environments that could change rapidly and vary depending on location and customer
- Ability to effectively work independently, often for extended periods of time, in a remote work environment
- Effectively communicate with customers, Electrical Engineers, Electrical Inspectors, and Electrical Contractors on-site, for specific electrical systems and needs
- Professionally represent Trystar as the primary and first point of contact on-site for installs, during an electrical outage or damaged equipment situation, while providing a sophisticated level of customer service and experience
- Responsible for confirming and upholding that all Trystar distribution equipment meets state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code
- Responsible for testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeter, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes; to ensure compatibility and safety of the system
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment to provide the best solution for Trystar’s customers
- Interpret blueprints and work off sketches or verbal/written instruction
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Responsible for observing and being the example of good to all safety regulations and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Keep detailed records to ensure an adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts
- Highly maintain company-owned equipment including tools, supplies, and vehicles
- Provide continued updates on estimated timelines to key stakeholders and involved parties
- Complete daily logs of work completed and upcoming tasks
- Lead with personal integrity and maintain confidentiality
- Effectively design and modify electrical one-line and schematic drawings
- Aid in the research and development of equipment by using their resources to modify existing equipment or propose new equipment
- Work with Engineering to update electrical products when NEC code changes or as field demand dictates
- Recommend design changes to improve upon current electrical products
- Compile necessary documentation, photos, schematics and make modifications to site plans and electrical diagrams to build a submittal package for permitting.
- Provide continued feedback to engineers, electricians, sales teams, and leaders
- Familiarity with various construction techniques, such as wood framing, masonry, steel framing
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Journeyman Electrician with 5+ years of experience. Trystar will provide the necessary time and resources to help with achieving a Master Electrician license.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Possess a valid, Class C or higher driver’s license
- Clean driving record with the ability to operate company vehicles and equipment
- Be able to pass written electrical exams required by other states, cities, and counties
- During peak install times, willingness and desire to travel up to 80% with the ability to do so on short notice.
- Electrical Master License, 5+ years of experience
- Excellent understanding of the National Electrical Code, electrical theory, generating systems, permanent and temporary wiring methods, construction management, and electrical safety
- Strong electrical troubleshooting abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize efficiently.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, one-lines, and specification literature.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Possess estimating ability, and is knowledgeable of materials used in electrical installations
- Self-motivated with the ability to take direction from supervisor and supervisor others as needed
A highly competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, and a successful 401(k) Plan are just some of the benefits of working at Trystar.