Our team is here to support you and solve your power challenges. Connect with our responsive experts today to learn about our customized power solutions and products.
Series 700A Power Processor (5 kVA - 25 kVA ) Single Phase
The Series 700A Power Processor is an electronic, microprocessor-controlled tap switching voltage regulator / power conditioner, which consists of an all-copper, multiple-tapped, triple-shielded isolation transformer. The transformer’s three electrostatic shields provide excellent electrical noise attenuation, and its low output impedance results in outstanding load regulation. On each of the transformer’s seven taps, independently controlled inverse parallel electronic switches are used to provide tight output voltage regulation to within ± 3% of nominal. Digital processing provides fast, accurate regulation within one cycle, without any voltage over- or under-shoot.
- Machine Tools/CNC Equipment
- Audio/Video Recording Equipment
- Broadcast Communications
- Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Pulp/Paper Mills
- Food Processing Plants
Features and Benefits
- 7-tap, microprocessor-controlled for tight voltage regulation, accuracy, and stability
- True “current zero crossing” switching
- Low power factor compatibility
- Precisely maintains correct voltage to ± 3% within 1 cycle, and maintains regulation during extended brownouts
- Extended input regulation range options including +10%, -40%; +15%, -25%; and +20%, -30%
- Low output impedance transformer minimizes voltage distortion and sags commonly associated with high surge currents
- Triple-shielded isolation transformer provides a noise-free ground, attenuates voltage spikes and transients, and re-establishes the N-G bond
- Optional internal manual bypass option maintains system isolation, voltage transformation, and power conditioning
- Superior compatibility with dynamic loads
- Increased surge capability, without the need for automatic bypassing, provides full-time power conditioning
- High-efficiency design results in lower operating cost
- Output receptacles with circuit breakers optional on models 5kVA – 25kVA
- Input Operating Voltage Range: +10%, – 20% from nominal (Extended regulation range options available.)
- Input Frequency: 60 Hz, ± 3%
- Input Power Factor: > .95 PF with resistive load
- Output Line Voltage Regulation: ± 3% from nominal
- Response Time: < 1/2 cycle
- Correction Time: 1 cycle
- Load Regulation: 2.5% typical, no load to full load
- Overload Rating: 200% for 10 seconds; 1000% for 1 cycle
- Common Mode Noise Attenuation: 140dB
- Transverse Mode: 3 dB down at 1kHz; 40 dB down per decade to below 50 dB with a resistive load
- Transient Voltage Suppression: Meets ANSI C62.41 Category B-3
- Efficiency: 97% typical, model and load dependent
- UL 1012 Listed, C-UL Listed to CSA C22.2, No. 107.1-01
Single Phase Sizes
- 5kVA, 8kVA, 10kVA, 15kVA, 20kVA, 25kVA
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a tap switching power line conditioner?
Tap switching describes a voltage regulating system that uses pre-selected transformer taps to compensate for varying line voltages. A microprocessor control selects the correct tap and makes a connection through high-powered electronic switching devices. This technology is fast, accurate, and very efficient. Power conditioner refers to the system’s ability to provide clean power, free of voltage spikes, transients, and electrical noise.
Are all tap switching power conditioners the same?
No. Some systems use six voltage taps, while the Series 700A uses seven voltage taps. This extra tap has a big benefit, resulting in tighter voltage regulation and a more stable power source. The Series 700A’s proprietary switching algorithms ensure that incoming voltage distortion will not affect regulation performance, and that nuisance switching and voltage over-shoot often seen with other manufacturers’ designs are eliminated.
Where should the Series 700A tap switching technology be used?
Tap switching technology should be used for applications and with equipment that require a regulated power source to function properly and perform at an optimum level. For most electronically controlled systems, voltage regulation (correction) must occur within a few cycles. The Series 700A provides voltage correction in one cycle. Other voltage regulating technologies can take numerous cycles or seconds to adjust. This is not acceptable for most electronically controlled systems.rn
What power quality advantages does the Series 700A offer?
The Series 700A has three major advantages.rnu003colu003ern tu003cliu003eWhen the input voltage rises dangerously above nominal, the microprocessor immediately calculates the correction necessary, and switches to the appropriate voltage compensating tap within one cycle.u003c/liu003ern tu003cliu003eTo provide power conditioning, a low impedance shielded isolation transformer is used to minimize voltage distortion and sags commonly associated with high surge currents. Loads that create momentary surge currents do not affect other equipment connected to the system. The isolation transformer is constructed using three electrostatic shields that provide a high level of common mode noise attenuation, eliminating ground noise and transients.u003c/liu003ern tu003cliu003eSize, weight, audible noise, and operational efficiency are all optimized.u003c/liu003ernu003c/olu003e
How much overload can the Series 700A handle?
The Series 700A is very robust and conservatively designed, handling 1,000% of its continuous rating for one cycle and 200% for 10 seconds!
Is the Series 700A as reliable as other technologies?
Yes, and in some cases … much more. Our tap switching technology has a long history of reliability, exceeding 200,000 hours of field-compiled data. Conservatively designed, rated components are never stressed. In the event that input or output conditions exceed the unit’s ratings, protective devices are strategically placed to minimize or eliminate component failure.