Our team is here to support you and solve your power challenges. Connect with our responsive experts today to learn about our customized power solutions and products.
The Series 800A Commercial Power Purifier is a self-regulating, constant voltage transformer. It provides isolation and protects against fluctuating voltage, brownouts, line noise and short duration power outages. Because of the Commercial Power Purifier’s power conditioning properties, it also attenuates voltage spikes and provides a unique power “ride through” capability. With loss of input power for up to one cycle, the output sine wave remains at usable AC voltage levels! The Commercial Power Purifier is provided in a NEMA1 enclosure and is ideal for power quality problems found in commercial facilities.
- High-End Digital Photography
- Security Systems
- Data Acquisition
- Test and Measurement Instrumentation
- Sensitive Electronic Equipment
- Medical Labs
Features and Benefits
- State-of-the-art constant voltage transformer protects sensitive electronic equipment against all power line disturbances, line noise, and transients
- Provides “ride-through” capability for up to (1) full cycle
- Acts as a large filter to reduce reflected harmonics
- Solves most power related problems, thereby protecting and enhancing the performance of critical equipment
- Variable Range Regulation (VRR) – Input operating voltage range increases as an inverse function of load
- Tight output voltage regulation
- Standard input plug with 8 ft. line cord on models up to 3.5kVA
- Standard (4) 5-20R or 5-15R output receptacles on models up to 3.5kVA; optional receptacles on models from 3.5kVA to 15kVA
- Hospital-grade 15 amp or 20 amp input plug and output receptacles are available upon request
- Input Operating Voltage Range: +10%, -20% at full load; down to -40% from nominal at 50% load
- Output Voltage Regulation: ± 3% from nominal
- Load Regulation: 3-4% from 0% to 100% load
- Input Current THD: <5%
- Common Mode Noise Attenuation: 140dB
- Transverse Mode Noise Attenuation: 120dB
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +40°C
- Efficiency: 90% typical
- Leakage current to ground: Less than or equal to 20 microamps (1 kVA – 3.5 kVA)
- Safety Listing: UL 1012
Single Phase Sizes
- 1.0kVA, 1.6kVA, 2.1kVA, 2.5kVA, 3.5kVA, 5.0kVA, 7.5kVA, 10kVA, 15kVA
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the ferroresonant technology an old or outdated technology?
No. Although it has been around for over 40 years, its reliability and performance have not been surpassed by any other technology. Ferroresonant technology offers trouble-free, clean regulated power and a product life expectancy of over 20 years.
Are all tap switching power conditioners the same?
No. There are different design approaches that change the overall performance and efficiency. Trystar uses the most conservative designs, providing the widest input operating voltage range, tightest output voltage regulation, and the greatest efficiency.
Is it true that ferroresonant transformers must be partially loaded to function correctly?
This depends upon the design. Some manufacturers design their transformers in a way that the load current is an integral part of the operation to conserve copper. The Commercial Power Purifier operates from 0% to 100% load while maintaining its tight regulation without overheating. Pre-load planning is not required.
Is it true that the MTBF is 200,000 hours?
Yes! The transformer is constructed with high-grade silicon steel and electrical grade copper. The vacuum impregnation process assures mechanical stability, and with the low component count, 200,000 hours is easily obtained.
Just what is VRR?
VRR stands for “Variable Range Regulation.” This unique feature extends the input operating range from -20% at 100% load to -40% of nominal at 50% load. That equates to 72 volts on a 120 volt nominal input, while maintaining a regulated AC sine wave output.
Does the Commercial Power Purifier really correct power factor and attenuate harmonics?
Yes. The Power Purifier corrects power factor at the input and improves it for the load as well. The filtering properties of output transformer reduce reflected harmonics to typically 5% or less at the input.
Will the Commercial Power Purifier handle a short circuit?
Yes. If a short circuit occurs on the output of the Commercial Power Purifier, the unit will limit the current and the output voltage will drop to near zero. The output will return to full nominal voltage once the short is cleared via an output fuse or breaker. No damage will occur to the Power Purifier.
Can the Commercial Power Purifier be used in medical applications?
In many applications, yes. The Power Purifier’s leakage to ground current (1 kVA – 3.5 kVA) is measured at less than or equal to 20 microamps. While the Commercial Power Purifier is not UL listed to 60601-1, its measured leakage current to ground is well below the maximum level specified within the UL Standard. In addition, 15 amp or 20 amp hospital-grade input plug and output receptacles are available upon request.