Our team is here to support you and solve your power challenges. Connect with our responsive experts today to learn about our customized power solutions and products.
Series 900/200 Power Commander “Plus” (15 kVA - 150 kVA) Single Phase
The Series 900/200 Power Commander “Plus” is a magnetic voltage regulator that provides high precision voltage regulation and high fault clearing capability with the added benefits of isolation and voltage conversion. With the Power Commander’s tight voltage regulation and load regulation, it is the best choice for testing as well as high precision voltage applications.
Single Phase Sizes: 15kVA, 25kVA, 37.5kVA, 50kVA, 75kVA, 100kVA, 150kVA
Three phase sizes available.
- Test Laboratories/Failure Testing/Burn In
- Premarket Product Testing
- Industrial/Commercial/Institutional Facilities
- Power Generation Authorities
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Regulated Bypass for Uninterruptible Power Systems
- Highly Accurate Voltage Regulation Needs
Features and Benefits
- High precision voltage regulation
- High fault clearing capability
- Low harmonic distortion
- Adjustable output voltage
- Tight load regulation
- 20 year design life
- Rugged design
- No moving parts (except certain models have fans)
- Low maintenance
- Computer grade isolation
- Common mode noise attenuation
- Voltage conversion
- Remote sensing to compensate for series voltage drops to the load
- Voltage Regulation: ± 1% or better for input voltage fluctuations of +10% to -20% of nominal, and from no load to full load
- Frequency Range: 57 to 63 Hz for 60 Hertz models, or 48 to 52 Hz for 50 Hertz models
- Output Voltage Adjustment Range: Adjustable to ± 10% with internally located potentiometer
- Correction Time: 5 to 9 cycles under worst case conditions
- Harmonic Content: Less than 5% THD added under linear load
- Efficiency: 89% to 92%, KVA size dependent
- Overload Capability: 500% for 10 seconds, 1000% for one cycle
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the Power Commander “Plus” regulate voltage?
u003cdiv class=u0022slideu0022u003ernrnThe Power Commander u0022Plusu0022 uses the natural properties of magnetics to regulate voltage. The Power Commander changes the magnetic properties of a transformer through a control loop, thus changing the voltage either up or down.rnrnu003c/divu003e
What differentiates the Power Commander u0022Plusu0022 from other regulators?
The Power Commander u0022Plusu0022 can regulate voltage to within 1%, even with input voltage fluctuations of +10% to -20% of nominal, and from no load to full load. Most voltage regulators available today simply are not this precise. In addition, the output voltage may be sensed and regulated at the load, automatically compensating for line and wire losses due to long distance cable runs to the load!
What differentiates the Series 900/200 Power Commander “Plus” from Controlled Power Company’s Series 900 Power Commander?
In addition to tight voltage regulation, the Series 900/200 Power Commander u0022Plusu0022 steps the nominal voltage up or down to the desired level, and it also provides isolation as well as transient and noise attenuation.