Our team is here to support you and solve your power challenges. Connect with our responsive experts today to learn about our customized power solutions and products.
TrueLITE Model ELS (58.5kW - 112.5kW) Three Phase
The TrueLITE Model ELS is an LED-compatible three phase emergency lighting inverter featuring an intelligent, robust design that provides enhanced levels of quality, reliability, and energy savings!
This unique inverter offers four (4) field-selectable modes of operation based on input power conditions, lighting design, and the desire for high operating efficiency.
On-Line: Under all input power conditions, the inverter output supplies the load with power that is isolated, as well as voltage and frequency regulated.
Standby-On (ECO-Mode): When the bypass input source is within voltage and frequency limits, it powers the load and provides an operating efficiency up to 98.5%.
Smart Active: Automatically defines whether to operate in Standby-On (ECO-Mode) or On-Line mode, based on the quality / stability of the incoming power source. Smart Active mode allows for an operating efficiency of up to 98.5%, as long as the incoming power source is within preset limits and is stable.
Standby-Off: The output of the inverter is normally off, and exclusively feeds emergency lighting that is only meant to be energized in the event of a power outage.
Whether fed from the AC power source or even while in battery mode, the Model ELS has a peak overload capability of 1200% to accommodate inrush current from LED fixtures!
Optional Seismic-Rated Models Available!
The Model ELS has been shake-table tested, and is offered with an optional seismic rating. These models meet seismic standards which satisfy applicable portions of the ICC – AC156 “Acceptance Criteria for Seismic Certification by Shake-Table Testing of Nonstructural Components and Systems”, ASCE 7 – 10, and International Building Code (IBC 2015). The verification testing required is recognized and accepted throughout the U.S. and many other countries.
With advanced diagnostics, monitoring, remote communication options, and automatic testing and data-logging, the Model ELS is NFPA 101 compliant. This inverter is UL 924 Listed as “Emergency Lighting and Power Equipment” and “Auxiliary Lighting and Power Equipment”; as well as C-UL Listed to CSA C22.2 No. 141-15 as “Emergency Lighting Equipment”.
- Correction Facilities
- Theaters / Concert Halls
- School / University Buildings
- Conference / Banquet Centers
- Sports Facilities
- Healthcare Facilities
- Worship Facilities
- Shopping Malls
- Subway / Train Stations
- Industrial Manufacturing
Features & Benefits
- LED Inrush Compatible – Peak overload capability of 1200% to accommodate the inrush current from LED fixtures / drivers while the inverter is fed from the AC power source, or even while in battery mode
- Full Compliance with NFPA 101 – computer-based, self-testing / self-diagnostic emergency lighting system with data-logging
- Reliable Operation – Incorporates galvanic isolation and a robust design with a high overload capacity to deliver reliable emergency power for critical life safety loads
- Battery Care System – Deep discharge protection, current limitation, and voltage compensation based on ambient temperature all combine to prolong battery life and reduce usage by using different recharging methods
- Input Source – DSP-controlled, IGBT-based rectifier circuitry provides a high input power factor of 0.99, low input current distortion of ≤3%, and a “power walk-in” function that limits input current surge seen by the power source
- High Efficiency – Operates in ECO-mode to provide an efficiency rating of up to 98.5%, without compromising critical features, diagnostics, and monitoring
- Four (4) cabinet configurations available (1 – 4 battery cabinets); kW rating and runtime dependent
- Digital monitor with a wide graphic LCD display provides a close-up, detailed overview of the inverter status in real-time
- Monitor displays all electrical parameters and alarm logs; and allows access to user-programmable settings
- Automatic battery testing; results logged with time and date stamp, and a pass or fail indication. Failed battery tests result in an audible and visual alarm
- Standard 90 minutes of battery backup
- Optional runtimes of 30, 60, and 120 minutes are available
- Optional wall-mounted, 3-breaker maintenance bypass is available in 14K, 35K, or 65K AIC ratings for 480/277V applications
- Up to 12 optional status / alarm relay contacts available, in addition to the 3 standard contacts provided
- Optional network communications via Ethernet TCP/IP, BACnet/IP, or MODBUS TCP/IP provide remote monitoring of the inverter status, battery tests, alarm conditions, and electrical measurements
- Optional serial communications allow for monitoring using MODBUS/JBUS protocols on RS485 or PROFIBUS
- Input and Output Nominal Voltage: 480/277 VAC, three phase (wye), 60 Hz
- If an output neutral is not required, the input / output may be 480 VAC, three phase (delta), 60Hz
- Input Operating Voltage Range: +15% to -10% at full load without battery usage. +15%, -30% voltage tolerance, load dependent or with battery assistance
- Input Frequency: 57 Hz – 63 Hz
- Input Power Factor Correction: 0.99 at nominal voltage and battery charge from 25% to 100% of the load
- Current Harmonics: ≤ 3% THD at 100% load
- Power Walk-In: 0 to 30 seconds (programmable)
- Output Voltage Regulation: ± 1% with balanced load; ± 3% with 100% unbalanced load
- Output Frequency: ± 0.05% while in battery operation mode
- Output Voltage Distortion: 2% THD maximum with linear load; 3% THD with non-linear load
- Overload: Up to 110% for 60 minutes, 125% for 10 minutes, 150% for 1 minute
- LED Inrush Rating: Peak overload capability of 1200% to accommodate inrush current from LED fixtures (without the use of static bypass)
- Efficiency: On-Line mode 93%; Standby-On (ECO-mode) / Smart Active modes up to 98.5%
- Operating Temperature: 20º to 30º C for UL 924 Listed models “Emergency Lighting and Power Equipment”, and C-UL Listed models to CSA C22.2 No. 141-15.
0° C to 40° C for UL 924 Listed models “Auxiliary Lighting and Power Equipment”
- Optimum Battery Performance and Life: 25º C for both UL and C-UL Listed models
- Battery Time: UL 924 Listed 90 minutes at full-rated kW output, or with optional runtimes of 30, 60 and 120 minutes. C-UL Listed 30, 60, or 90 minutes runtime to CSA C22.2 No. 141-15
Frequently Asked Questions
What are centralized lighting inverters and why use them?
A centralized lighting inverter is an electronic system that converts DC battery power to standard AC voltages to provide back-up for emergency lighting systems during a power outage. Centralized lighting inverters provide a single point source of power for all emergency lighting and exit signs. In addition, a centralized lighting inverter can automatically perform monthly NFPA-compliant testing, log test results with a time and date stamp, and enable all maintenance to be performed from a single location.
Can all inverter systems handle the high inrush current associated with energizing LED fixtures/drivers?
Other manufacturers’ products may shut down if the high inrush current exceeds the inverter’s overload rating, especially the u0022on batteryu0022 overload rating. To combat this problem, most manufacturers OVERSIZE their inverter product … some by 35% or higher!rnrnThis is not the case with the TrueLITE Model ELS! We’ve studied a number of sites that use LED fixtures for emergency egress lighting. Load profiles and inrush current data were captured and used to establish our lighting inverters’ overload ratings. Whether fed from the AC power source or even while in battery mode, our inverters have a high peak overload capability to accommodate the inrush current from LED fixtures / drivers!
Is the TrueLITE Model ELS NFPA 101 compliant?
YES! The Model ELS is UL 924 listed under Emergency Lighting and Power Equipment, in accordance with the ANSI/NFPA 101 “Life Safety Code”, Article 700 of ANSI/NFPA 70, “National Electric Code”, and the “International Building Code” (IBC).
Does the TrueLITE Model ELS provide remote monitoring?
YES! An optional network adapter slot card integrates the Model ELS into an Ethernet TCP/IP, BACnet/IP, or MODBUS TCP/IP network with a specific IP address. This communication option provides remote monitoring of the inverter system status, battery tests, alarm conditions, and electrical measurements via a web browser, without the need for any external software. Remote notification of alarms and status are available via SNMP, e-mail, or the user’s building management system.rnrnAn optional serial communications slot card allows for monitoring using MODBUS/JBUS protocols on RS485 or PROFIBUS.
Is it important that lighting inverter systems provide a regulated output to emergency fixtures?
The answer is YES for many reasons. Here are some of them. A regulated voltage source: 1) Provides stable voltage to sensitive light fixtures and LED drivers. 2) Minimizes voltage drops associated with longer wire runs. 3) Results in less-frequent replacement of ballasts, LED drivers, and lamps in particular! 4) Facility egress lumens are maintained 100% (will not diminish) over the full 90 minutes of emergency power.
Is the TrueLITE Model ELS an online or a fast transfer lighting inverter system?
The answer is actually BOTH! The Model ELS functions primarily as an online double conversion system. If there is a loss of power, the inverter will draw energy from the batteries instead of the normal AC input source, with no break in the power. When in On-Line mode, it provides maximum protection from all power line disturbances that could shorten the life expectancy of critical emergency fixtures, including LED drivers. However, when in Standby-On (ECO-mode) / Smart Active modes, it does function as a fast-transfer system. In these modes, there is a 2-5 msec switching time at the inverter output upon failure or restoration of the normal AC input source. The benefit realized is a higher operating efficiency.